Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SIMPLE is not the same as EASY!

Keeping my house clean is SIMPLE. All I have to do is clean it more than I mess it. But it's not EASY! (Anyone want to wash my cookie sheets and pots?!)
Staying a healthy weight is SIMPLE. All you have to do is eat right and exercise. But it's not EASY! (I just ate a sugar cookie with extra icing on top!!)
Living within my husband's income is SIMPLE, too. All we have to do is spend less than he earns each month. SIMPLE is not the same as EASY!!
Here's what I've done today to save money and live well:
I didn't go to any stores. I didn't spend any money today.
We had Sweet Chicken from my freezer for dinner.
I said "No" to getting a treat from the bakery.
We have yummy pie and muffins that I baked yesterday.
We played at the park and rode bikes after school.
All free and all part of living well.
My goal is that within 2 years from now, we will be able to live on only my husband's paycheck each month.
I'm open to any ideas and suggestions on how to reach this SIMPLE goal!!

2 comments:

  1. Very insightful, Christi. I'd also like to know how!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you started a blog. I am so excited. I find that after 10 months I am running out of things to say. Like the picture. I have not suggestions, I want to many things.

    ReplyDelete